Thursday, May 1, 2014

Asking and Giving Directions

Asking and Giving direction (bertanya dan memberikan arahan)

Dalam bertanya maupun memberikan arahan terdapat beberapa ungkapan yang bisa digunakan:

Asking directions
  • excuse me, could you tell me how to get to (place) ?
  • excuse me, do you know where the (place) is ?
  • I'm looking for this (place)
  • are we on the right road for (place) ?
  • Is this the right way for (place) ?
  • can you show me on the map ?
  •  how far is it to (place) ?
 Giving directions
  • It's that/this way
  • take this road
  • keep going for another ( away)
  • continue straight on past some traffic lights
  • etc.
Example in a conversation :

Andy : Excuse me, Sir. could you tell me where the airport is ?
Hans : take this road. then keep going for one traffic light and turn left.
Andy : thank you.

source : http://www.speakenglish.co.uk





































0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

The Groovy Taste of English Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template