Monday, May 5, 2014

Gerund (grammar exercise)

USE OF THE GERUND

30 Gerund or Infinitive: "-ing" or "to"



01. I can't think of (go) to visit her in hospital without (buy) some flowers.

02. The examiner gave the students some time (think).

03. The band plans (start) (play) by 9pm.

04. The play is programmed (start) at 7pm, so we have decided (meet) at 6.30.

05. I am looking forward to (see) the film again.

06. I intend (study) English (understand) American business methods.

07. She still plans on (marry) him even after he refused (buy) an engagement ring.

08. I cannot resist (eat) fish and chips when I am in England.

09. She enjoys (go) to parties and (dance) in discos all night long.

10. I stopped (live) in London when I realised it was time for me (move) on.

11. Don't forget (turn) off the heating before (leave) the house.

12. I understood (buy) red roses for your girlfriend on St Valentine's Day was a bit old-fashioned.


source : http://www.englishforjapanese.com 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

The Groovy Taste of English Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template